PATIENT HANDLING TRAINING MANIKINS
The Patient Handling Manikin has been developed out of the desire to help improve lifting and handling training within the healthcare industry. The frequency of musculoskeletal injury within the healthcare sector is statistically higher than in other industries and therefore regular, effective training has never been so important.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Designed and tested with moving and handling experts to provide the perfect manikin for patient handling training.
- Constructed with an elongated plastic spine that allows the manikin to sit upright in bed, a wheelchair or hoist - essentially acting as a ‘conscious’ patient would.
- Constructed with plastic strips in the thigh to prevent too much bend when hoisting.
- The arms and legs are detachable at the shoulder and knee respectively, meaning you can simulate an amputee in training. Likewise, removing the arms and legs makes the manikin easier and lighter to move independently to set up training or transport between sites.
- Soft body joints to eliminate the risk of pinch welts and bruising; common injuries when using plastic bodied manikins.
- Additional weight has been added to the bottom area to enable it to sit better in a sling, chair or wheelchair.
- Velcro straps at the wrist allow trainers to keep the arms together, strap one arm up in a sling position during hoisting, or to hold onto the sling.
- An immobilisation/extrication collar can be fitted around the neck of our adult manikins to promote proper casualty care.
- Supplied undressed, so that you can dress it according to your scenario in pyjamas or day clothing - we advise that you wash clothing between training sessions.
- The 30kg manikin comes complete with weighted (with additional grip on the soles) and un-weighted soft feet. The weighted feet are for bed work, or when using a wheelchair. The unweighted are for sling/hoist work.
- The 50kg manikin comes with weighted feet only.
- Constructed from the same flame retardant material used in Police ballistic/stab vests: (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008)- the material is tough, safe to handle and very easy to clean.
- The body of the manikin comes as standard in beige.
- Using manikins helps to maintain social distancing guidelines and reduced person-to-person contact.
With more than 25 years of experience in the design and manufacture of training manikins, our products are tough enough for the fire service and military, soft jointed to help prevent pinch injuries and are weighted proportionately to be anatomically correct, for more realistic training.
Our Patient Handling Manikins have been designed in consultation with experts including occupational therapists, nurses and moving and handling coordinators within the NHS and several large Care Providers, making sure that we provide you with the very best manikins for your training.
WHO USES THEM?
Just a few of customers in the Health & Care sector in UK.
Age UK - Training Centres
Bedford NHS Hospital
Beechdales Health Centre - Walsall
Bristol Royal Infirmary
BUPA Care Services
Cambridge University Hospital
Care Principals Ltd
Castleford & Normington District Hospital
Colchester Hospital NHS
Conwy & Denbighshire NHS Trust
Cornwall Partnership NHS Trust
Ealing Hospital NHS ICO trust
East Cheshire NHS Trust
East Surrey Hospital
East London NHS Foundation Trust
Epsom & St Helier Uni Hospital NHS Trust
Frimley park hospital
Glenfield General Hospital - Leicester
Handle With Care Training Ltd
Hazelhurst Nursing Home
LPS Training & Consultancy
Nelson Hospital - London
Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust
Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital NHS FT
Royal Marsden Hospital - London
Sandwell Primary Care Trust
Sherwood Forest Hospitals
Southampton General Hospital
Stretford Memorial Hospital
Sunderland Royal Hospital
The Care Bureau
The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS
The Wellington Hospital
West Suffolk Hospital
Princess Alexander Hospital - Loganholme
Available in 2 weights 30Kg & 50Kg.
An essential moving and handling manikin for patient handling training.
IDEAL FOR THE FOLLOWING TRAINING SCENARIOS:
- FIRE & RESCUE
- CARE HOME
- RLNPH30- 30Kg (32Kg when weighted boots are added for hoist work).
- RLNPH50- 50Kg.
Moving and handling heavy items carries certain risks. Please read and distribute these guides to all involved in using our training dummies
View / Download Patient Handling Datasheet
View / Download Risk Assessment for the General Handling and Transportation of Training Manikins
View / Download Equipment Note for Ruth Lee Rescue Training Dummies