Part# RLNOFF OFFSHORE RESCUE TRAINING MANIKIN
It is vital that effective drills in emergency response on an offshore installation and during helicopter transit are conducted frequently with regular crew members - these manikins are a vital tool in achieving that.
The increased weight versus the Man Overboard Manikin makes this model suitable for simulating rescues from accommodation areas, engine rooms or drilling platforms - used in conjunction with the tough protective overalls, this model will withstand the rigours of general training including emergency BA training, helicopter safety and escape and escape chute training.
Used extensively for training in the wind farm industry, these manikins are suitable for all working at height exercises.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The tough nylon mesh carcass allows the water to penetrate quickly, allowing the legs to drop beneath the surface, leaving only the head visible.
- The Offshore manikin will easily withstand a fall of 5 - 6 metres into water with no damage, these manikins are tough!
- This model will float vertically to simulate a live person in the water to practice casualty recovery and to demonstrate the problems associated with sea survival (additional buoyancy aids should be used in rough waters).
- A loop to the back allows the manikin to be lowered into position or hung up to dry.
- 60Kg in weight gives a realistic weight in water or around the offshore installation. Dry weight 60Kg increases to approximately 95Kg retrieval weight from water.
- Polypropylene strips allow flexibility in and out of the water but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using stretchers or recovery devices like a Jason's Cradle.
- Protective overalls and boots are user-replaceable and greatly extend the life of the manikin