Part # 20-2883 IVE Heartsaver CPR AED Online offers the convenience of digital learning. The eLearning portion of the IVE Heartsaver CPR AED blended learning course is designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for CPR training, and how to use an AED. Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete a hands-on skills session (sold separately) with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor.
Reflecting the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC), the AHA’s IVE Heartsaver CPR AED Course provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of CPR and how to use an AED.
The course empowers students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community. With online, onsite, and classroom training*, this course offers flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs.
*Training options may vary by Training Center.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to
• Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
• Explain the concept of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize when someone needs CPR
• Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
• Demonstrate giving effective breaths by using mouth to mouth or a mask for all ages
• Demonstrate performing high-quality CPR for an adult, a child, and an infant
• Demonstrate using an AED on an adult and on a child
• Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
• Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
Course Card (issued upon successful course completion):
IVE Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card (valid for two years)
Course Intended Audience:
IVE Heartsaver CPR AED is designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs CPR AED training and a course completion card for job, regulatory or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared to act in an emergency.