BODY RECOVERY TRAINING MANIKIN
A pre-established protocol is essential for victim retrieval - the body recovery manikin was predominately designed to aid Police dive teams train to recover bodies from any inland waters or under ice.
The manikin is a variant of the popular Water Rescue manikin - but instead of floating, it sinks. By balancing the buoyancy against the ballast the manikin weighs 50kg on land but only 10kg under water.
The body recovery models are visible to sonar devices - the gallery image was taken using a Cmax CM2 Side Scan and Konsberg Sector Scan Sona.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Anatomically correct weight distribution allows for realistic body 'bagging' as part of training exercises.
- This manikin will easily withstand a fall of 5 - 6 metres into water with no damage - they are tough!
- Constructed using a H/D reinforced Nylon mesh for the carcass and non-absorbent closed cell foam for buoyancy - mesh allows water to flood into the body to allow it to sink and out as it is being recovered.
- Mesh allows for ventilation when the manikin hung up to dry - a polypropylene loop to the back of the carcass allows the manikin to be lowered into position or hung up to dry.
- The addition of a realistic face and a wig enable easier/quicker identification of the body in poor viability when the search is by touch only.
- Polyethylene strips running from the shoulders to the knees allow flexibility but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using stretchers or recovery devices.
- Replaceable coveralls and boots are easily replaceable and greatly extend the life of the manikin
WHO USES THEM?
- Regularly exported to rescue professionals in 26 countries worldwide, with the USA, Australia and Germany being our biggest markets
- UK Fire Services
- Police forces throughout the world.
- USCG (United Sates Coastguard)
- Brisbane Water Police
- State Emergency Services - Australia
- Surf Life Saving Club WA
- Nylon mesh - conforms to BS3408/20
- Reinforced P.V.C - conforms to BS3408/20 and ISO 7854 1984
- High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg)
- Polypropylene plastic (conforms to DIN EN ISO 1873, Teil 1)
- Non-absorbent closed cell foam - water absorption : 1 Day < 0.1 (DIN 53428 1986) 28 Days < 0.5% VOL
- Supplied complete with a protective overall constructed in tough Polyester (conforms to BS EN ISO 15025:2002) - the same material used in Police ballistic/stab vests.
- Made in the UK – all manikins conform strictly to our ISO9001:2015 standards.
- RLNBR10- 10Kg Toddler
- RLNBR30- 30Kg Youth
- RLNBR50- 50Kg Adult
Moving and handling heavy items carries certain risks. Please read and distribute these guides to all involved in using our training dummies
View / Download Body Recovery Datasheet
View / Download Equipment Note for Ruth Lee Rescue Training Dummies
View / Download Risk Assessment for the General Handling and Transportation of Training Manikins