BARIATRIC TRAINING MANIKINS
Obesity is a very real problem in the UK and across the world and judging by government figures and anecdotal evidence, the problem is rapidly getting worse. The need for heavyweight manikins has never been greater.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Constructed in waterproof Polyester: conforms to BS EN ISO 6330), OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 and ISO 17050-1 - the new material is tough, safe to handle and easy to clean.
- Anatomically correct weight distribution gives the 'feel' of an unconscious person, helping to improve pre-hospital clinical care.
- Strong enough to be buried under concrete or steel lintels with no damage; placed in or under vehicles; - these manikins are tough enough for all training exercises!
- We have worked very hard to achieve a 'fluidity of movement' with the weight rather than just producing a heavy 'lump', so these manikins are very realistic to work with.
- They are designed for a team of at least 4-6 people to rescue and are supplied complete with a carrying sheet to assist in carrying and positioning the manikin. The carry sheet has a safe working load of up to 600kg (LOLER certified).
- The neck provides the ability to fit an immobilisation/extrication collar if required - to promote proper casualty care.
- The 90 Kg Manikin is useful where a lighter weight is required without forfeiting the bulk of the bariatric dummy.
WHO USES THEM?
- 1st Call Mobility Ltd
- Avon FRS
- Babcock Training Limited
- Bournemouth University School of Health & Social Care
- Coventry City Council
- Devon and Somerset FRS
- East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS TRUST
- East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Greater Manchester FRS
- Kent FRS
- Lincolnshire FRS
- Linet Uk Ltd
- London Ambulance Service NHS TRUST
- Merseyside FRS
- North East Ambulance Service AMB HQ
- Outreach Rescue
- Scottish Ambulance Service
- South Central Ambulance Service
- South Yorkshire FRS
- STATES OF JERSEY FIRE SERVICE
- Warwickshire FRS
- Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- West Midlands FRS
- West Sussex FRS
- Wiltshire & Swindon Fire Authority
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service
- Princess Alexandra Hosp - Loganholme, Australia
- Mayo Clinic - USA
- Philips Healthcare - USA
- Constructed in waterproof Polyester: conforms to BS EN ISO 6330), OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 and ISO 17050-1. These manikins can be washed down with soapy water to keep clean
- Padding - 25mm flame retardant Polyurethane foam VE38200 (conforms to BS2852:Part 2:1982).
- The fluidity of movement is created by distributing the weight in 1/2 Kg packets across the Nylon covered f/r foam.
- Made in the UK – all manikins conform strictly to our ISO9001:2015 standards.
IDEAL FOR THE FOLLOWING TRAINING SCENARIOS:
- AMBULANCE / EMS / HART
- FIRE & RESCUE
- TECHNICAL RESCUE
- CARE HOME
- RLN90B- 90Kg Bariatric Adult
- RLN180- 180Kg Bariatric Adult
- RLN260- 260Kg Bariatric Adult
Moving and handling heavy items carries certain risks. Please read and distribute these guides to all involved in using our training dummies
View / Download Bariatric Handling Datasheet
View / Download Equipment Note for Ruth Lee Rescue Training Dummies
View / Download Risk Assessment for the General Handling and Transportation of Training Manikins