Part # 20-2707 The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook contains all the information a student needs tosuccessfully complete the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course which includes two course path options,Heartsaver or Heartsaver Total. This workbook is also available in eBook format (AHA product 20-2714).Designed for a single user, this text is a valuable reference tool before, during, and after the course. The workbook includes a bonus Heartsaver First Aid Reference Guide and reminder cards.The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Reference Guide provides a convenient, quick reference tool for individuals and workplaces
Reflecting the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC), the AHA’s Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid, CPR, and use of an AED.
The course empowers students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community. Within the online course option, and instructor-led course option*, there are two paths (Heartsaver and Heartsaver Total), this course offers flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs.
The Heartsaver core course path is a shorter option that offers the flexibility to add optional topics. The Heartsaver Total course path is designed for those requiring regulatory agency compliant training.
Course Learning Objectives*:
After successfully completing the CPR AED portion of this course, students should be able to
• Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
• Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize when someone needs CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
• Describe how to perform CPR with help from other bystanders
• Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
• Use an AED on an adult
• Perform high-quality CPR for a child
• Use an AED on a child
• Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
• Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
• Help a choking infant
• Describe how to help someone with drug overdose emergencies
• Describe the techniques that help prevent drowning emergencies
Course Card (issued upon successful course completion):
Depending on the course content taught:
• Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course completion card
• Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card
• Heartsaver First Aid course completion card
Course Intended Audience:
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course is designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs first aid and/or CPR training, and a course completion card for job, regulatory or other requirements. Heartsaver courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared to act in an emergency.